The iTunes Store makes it easy to give songs, albums, playlists, audiobooks, music videos, movies, and TV shows to anyone. Or give iTunes Gift Cards and let them choose for themselves.
Send Music, Videos, Audiobooks, and Apps as Gifts
If you want to put more thought into giving an iTunes Store gift than sending iTunes Gift Card, give a specific iTunes Gift. This allows you to personally pick a song (or create a playlist of songs), album, video, audiobook, or app to send to someone.
- Scratch off the silver coating on the back of your Gift Card to reveal a 16-digit code.
- In iTunes, click iTunes Store in the Source list to go to the iTunes Store homepage (if you’re not there already).
- Click Redeem under QUICK LINKS in the right column.
- In the resulting screen, enter the entire code in the field.
- Click Redeem. If you aren’t already signed in to the iTunes Store, you’ll be asked to sign in. Refer to How To Set Up an iTunes Store Account if you need to create an Tunes Store account ID.
To reveal the 16-digit code, use your fingernail or a coin to scratch off the coating on the back of the card.
Once you redeem your iTunes Gift Card, the full amount appears next to your account ID name in the upper-right part of the window as a credit. Any time you buy an item, the purchase price (+ tax) will be deducted from the balance.
Other Search Terms: